If you struggle to keep your hair nourished during the warmer months, you are probably thinking how will you survive the winter without having dry & brittle hair. Here are a few tips to keep your hair hydrated & moisturized during the fall & winter months.
- Drink More Water - I know it seems crazy, but water is great and necessary for hydration to your skin, nails and especially your hair.
- Use a Leave-in Conditioner - This is key for helping your natural hair stay moisturized. Make sure to use a glycerin-free product, that is water-based.
- Seal & Protect Your Ends - During the colder months, it is important to lock in moisture with butter-based (shea, cocoa, mango, etc.) products and heavier oils.
- Try Protective Styles - This is a good time for twists, updo's and braids, because it will protect your hair from the harsh winter weather.
- Remember to Deep Condition - Don't skip deep conditioning during cold weather. Also, try including a hot oil treatment in your natural hair care regimen...your hair will truly be grateful. I also recommend using a steamer to penetrate your hair, while infusing it with moisture.
Don't forget to utilize satin caps and scarfs during the winter. Not only are these items stylish, they are great at protecting your natural strands while you sleep, but are perfect coverings from harsh cold and winds.
Catch you later,
Yolanda, Crown-n-Glory CEO